Blogs are online every day diaries or logs that allow one in sharing their opinions, ideas, thoughts and more. Blogs have become all the more popular in this era and has indeed become a rage on the web. These are effective search engine magnets as search continues to be the killer application for users researching purchases and this is sure to stay for years to come.
People the world over are blogging daily. The ease of setting it up is part reason of why blogs are so versatile. Many things are taking place in the world at present and at such rapid pace. It is here where blogs serve as the perfect medium for keeping people informed of all that is happening across the world. People like to remain updated in every sphere and blogging aids them do it. No wonder, there is a constant upsurge in its popularity.
Secrets to happy blogging
Below are a few smart tips and tricks to increase web traffic in a significant way.
- Get social- Bloggers can greatly benefit by working with social media networks. Both the blogger and their blog require a presence on the social networking platform using sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and others to obtain more visitors.
- Register domain name- If one is serious about blogging, then it is best in taking time and setting up their own domain name. For instance if one’s blog is great and people wish to share it, memorable names will create magic. For best results use shorter domain names.
- Be consistent- It is imperative for a blogger to be consistent. This does not mean that one need to blog daily but it should be done several times a week. Do not go weeks/months amid posts as this will result in the death of one’s blog.
- Use awesome design- Having great content does not suffice; it must also have a great design. One’s blog may be very useful and interesting for the audience, yet it will lose its worth if audiences fail to read it comfortably. The blog’s navigation must be easy and simple to use as readers will not stay on the blog for long if it is difficult to navigate. Further one should use clear background and good fonts as well as use images to make the blog more appealing and interesting. And not to forget keep it simple and informative.
- Create a call to action- Towards the end of the blog create a call to action for encouraging readers. No matter what the action step is, the key lies in making it exciting.
- Link building- This is a great way of attracting more readers to one’s blog post. One can make healthy relationships with webmasters and other bloggers with the support of link building. Moreover, this will also help one in getting higher search engine ranking, Google PR and Alexa rankings.
- Fix headlines- Working on the blog headlines are amongst the best things bloggers can do for getting more readers.
- Use SEO wisely- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) can help one’s blog achieve a higher search engine ranking. One must learn proper ways of using Google Adwords for identifying popular keywords that are related to their blog and then include the same keywords in their posts in a natural means.
They must use relevant keywords devoid of overdoing it as overusing it is likely to pull down the quality of their blog and discourage audiences/readers from returning.
By following the aforementioned tricks and tips diligently every blogger is sure to get more page reviews and better visibility.